Every property has:
- Comfortable, high quality sofas and armchairs.
- At least one bath or a shower. Fort View has a shower over the bath, and Barn End has a wonderful body form deep bath and a walk in shower.
- Fort View, The Hall and Barn End have a dishwashers. Each property has a small fridge with an ice box. They all have hair-driers, Nespresso coffee machines, kettles, toasters and microwave ovens. Secret Garden has a combi-micro oven and the others all have full built-in ovens. All properties have induction hobs.
- Fort View has a washing machine.
- Quality 100% cotton linen, really soft pillows and duvets, thick, fluffy hand & bath towels, tea towels. Because babies often do not like strange bedding, we do not supply cot bedding — only the mattress.
- Heated towel rails in the bathrooms.
- A barbecue is available for The Hall and Secret Garden, but please bring your own charcoal. Fort View and Barn End are welcome to use the gas barbecue in our shared garden, but please book this with us.
- A smoke detector.
- All electricity and heating included in the price. We produce over 72kw of solar electricity a year, which contributes enormously to our Green Commitment.
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, salt and pepper, dishcloths, one loo roll per loo, guest toiletries and Emergency Box for any small items you might have forgotten.
- No ashtrays — we ask our guests please not to smoke inside the cottages.
- Heating, water and electricity.
- Logs for the log burner in Barn End and The Hall — and kindling, matches, firelighters and instructions.
- All beds made up on arrival with 100% cotton linen and high quality bedding.
- A big fluffy bath towels and hand towels.
- Welcome biscuits and a small jug of semi skim milk in the fridge.
- At Christmas we put some seasonal decorations in the properties and there will be a Christmas wreath on your door.
- Books and board games.
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, dish cloths, tea towels, kitchen tissue roll, bin liner for the kitchen bin and a spare, a liner for the food waste caddy and a spare. All bin liners are fully compostable.
- Guest toiletries in all bathrooms.
- An ‘Emergency Box’ filled with useful items that are easily forgotten (e.g. toothbrush, razor etc.).
- A toilet roll for each bathroom — please add toilet rolls to your food shopping list.
- A cot on request, but please bring top bedding.
- A high chair on request.
What time will my accommodation be available from?
Your accommodation will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure.
Can I have an early check-in/late check-out?
We can sometimes offer these depending on the bookings before and after your stay. Usually, if you are checking out on a Sunday, we can offer a late check out. Please do ask us.
Do you have Wi-Fi?
Yes, we do offer free Wi-Fi in all the properties. Please remember that we are a rural location and as yet do not have high speed fibre. It is usually good enough for streaming movies etc. but not for gaming. Mobile phone signal can be varied — Vodafone and EE seem to work best.
Are children welcome at Woodcock Farm?
Yes, although only Fort View is suitable for over 2yr olds. We do allow babies and toddlers under 2yrs in the other properties, but they must be young enough to sleep in a travel cot safely. We do not have fire guards or stair guards.
Are there children’s facilities available?
Fort View is our child-friendly apartment. There is a high chair which clips on a dining chair and a travel cot (With no bed linen. Please note that Fort View is up an outside staircase, which is fairly steep, but has handrails. We regularly have families with young children using the property with no problem.
Are pets allowed?
What happens if I have a problem with the accommodation whilst I am on holiday?
What is the postal address?
Bristol BS37 6RJ
Please remember to add the name of your apartment!
I am calling from outside the UK, how can I contact you?
What do I do if I have a complaint about my holiday?
Please contact us while you are staying at Woodcock Farm so we have rectify any issues as soon as possible.
What happens if I have to cancel my holiday?
For the full details of our cancellation policy please see our Terms and Conditions.
Do I need to bring sheets and towels?
No, there is no need to bring your own sheets and towels as bed linen and towels are provided.
Do I need to bring shower gel etc.?
No, we supply shower gel and hand wash. We find guests prefer their own shampoo/conditioner so please bring those.
Can I ride at Woodcock Farm?
No, we don’t offer riding lessons here, but we can recommend several local riding schools for both children and adults.
Can I help on the farm?
We are usually very happy to show you around the farm yard to meet whatever animals we have at the time. As a smallholding we don’t always have lots to show you as our sheep are often in the fields and we don’t always have pigs. We do nearly always have chickens and ducks, and we’d be happy for you to join us around 4pm when we feed them and collect any eggs they have laid. Just let us know if you’d like to come along.
Do you have a hairdryer/iron etc.?
Yes, every property has a hairdryer and Fort View has an iron and ironing board, but we can usually provide these if you need them.
What else do we need to bring?
You will find tea, coffee, sugar and a small jug of milk in your apartment when you arrive. We also provide washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, hand sanitizer and there is usually a few condiments which you are welcome to use.
How do I check in?
The keys will be in the door or your property from 4pm on the day of arrival. Please park as instructed and let yourselves in and make yourselves at home.
Do you have central heating?
Yes, all properties have full central heating and heated towel rails in the bathrooms. Barn End and The Hall have wood burner stoves as well. We provide the first basket of wood and firelighters for this. Further supplies are available.
Do you have air conditioning?
No, the properties are all within an 18th century Cotswold stone barn. This means the thick walls keep the properties cool in summer and warm in winter. Each property has plenty of windows that open wide for fresh air.
Do you have parking?
Yes, we have limited parking, so you may bring one car per property. We may be able to accommodate extra cars, but they will need to be parked some distance from the property on the farm yard. Please ask in advance if you need this.
Is a car essential?
We strongly recommend you bring a car. We are around 3 miles from Chipping Sodbury and 5 miles from the motorway. We can give your local taxi numbers, but you will need to pre-book as these are rural services — no Uber here I’m afraid!
Do you offer any meals?
No, the properties are all fully self-catering. You can purchase a Breakfast Box, which will be in your kitchen on your arrival. The Box includes 6 farm eggs, 6 rashers of bacon and 6 large sausages (usually from our farm, but otherwise from another local producer) a loaf of bread from Hobbs House Bakery, small block of butter, 1pt of semi skim milk and 1pt of fresh orange juice. Breakfast Boxes must be ordered 3 days in advance of your arrival and paid for on ordering.
What can we do when we are staying at Woodcock Farm?
Please go to our ‘Where to go and What to do’ pages of our website for lots of local information and ideas. We also leave a guide book in the property with lots of information for you.
If you would like to forget about domestic chores and for us to organise for your cottage to be refreshed during your stay we are very happy to arrange maid service for you, if you are staying for more than 5 nights. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and for current rates.
For two week (or longer) stays, we provide a change of linen and towels at the end of your first week — please just let us know if you would like us to bring a basket of linen to your cottage for you to change yourself (we will collect the discarded linen too)
If you would like to indulge in some spa treatments, Cotswolds Spa offer a mobile service with a variety of pampering services within the comfort of your own apartment. Please visit our Cotswold Spa page for further details and a list of treatments available.
Tesco and Waitrose also deliver to Woodcock Farm. If you do order from the supermarkets please enter your cottage name into the delivery address and please make sure you choose a time slot when you will be at the cottage as we are unable to accept these deliveries on your behalf.
Please let the delivery company know to follow our own google map page and NOT just the postcode. You can also use Whatthreewords.com.
Fort View: https://what3words.com/activates.blown.boil
Secret Garden: https://what3words.com/galloping.blown.staring
The nearest Doctors’ surgery is Courtside Surgery, Kennedy Way, Yate, Bristol BS37 4DQ. Tel: 01454 313874. The nearest hospitals are RUH in Bath and Southmeads in Bristol. There are large A&E provisions in both Bath and Bristol.
There is a also walk-in Minor Injury Unit, Yate West Gate Centre, 21 West Walk, Yate, BS37 4AX. Tel: 01454 315355.